Fatigued Nadal withdraws from Cincinnati Open

(Reuters) - World number two Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from this week’s Cincinnati Open due to fatigue, the tournament’s organizers said on Sunday.

The Spaniard, Cincinnati champion in 2013, beat Russia’s Daniil Medvedev to claim his fifth Rogers Cup in Montreal earlier in the day.

Cincinnati organizers also said Canadian teen Bianca Andreescu, who was crowned women’s champion at the Rogers Cup after Serena Williams retired in the final with a back injury, had also withdrawn because of a change to her schedule.

Reporting by Simon Jennings in Bengaluru; Editing by Peter Rutherford

Share this article

About author

Super User

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Newsletter

Quas mattis tenetur illo suscipit, eleifend praesentium impedit!
Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…